For purposes of eligibility for all T.I.P. classes and awards, a "Thoroughbred" is defined as any horse that has been registered with The Jockey Club or a foreign Thoroughbred stud book approved by The Jockey Club and the International Stud Book Committee.
All horse shows must require riders to verify eligibility through pre-entry or on the day of the horse show through one of the following methods:
- T.I.P. Number Card (click My Account to apply for a T.I.P. Number); or
- Completed T.I.P. Number request form and one of the following
- The Jockey Club Certificate of Foal Registration (or similar document from a foreign stud book) or a copy thereof; or
- The horse's lip tattoo, the horse's 5-cross pedigree and the successful tattoo lookup result from The Jockey Club's Tattoo Identification Services, (located at registry.jockeyclub.com); or
- A letter from The Jockey Club verifying the horse's identity
- Please Note: T.I.P. Number Request Forms should only be used one time; riders/owners should apply for a T.I.P. Number and provide their assigned T.I.P. Number at subsequent shows.