The Jockey Club T.I.P. Championship will offer championship divisions for Hunters, Jumpers and English Pleasure, Dressage, Western Dressage and Western Pleasure. Each of the divisions at the Championships will offer prize money. T.I.P. Championships are open only to qualified and declared horses.
2020 Show Information
Hunter, Jumper, Pleasure Championships - September 4-6, 2020
Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, KY
Dressage, Western Dressage, CT Championships - October 4, 2020
Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, KY
T.I.P. offers awards for eventing at the United States Eventing Association's American Eventing Championships.
August 25-30, 2020. All qualification and entries through USEA.
Qualifying & Declaring for the Championships:
To qualify for the Championships, a T.I.P. eligible Thoroughbred must participate in a show offering T.I.P. high point awards, classes or divisions in the applicable discipline beginning August 1 of the prior year through July 31 of the Championship Year or participate in the T.I.P. Performance Awards in the applicable discipline. Horses can be shown in any Hunter, Jumper, Western or English Pleasure classes or divisions or any Dressage or Western Dressage classes at the show offering T.I.P. awards. Horses shown at a horse trial or combined test may also qualify for the Championships through their show jumping or dressage phase (as applicable). All Thoroughbreds must have a T.I.P. Number to qualify. After qualifying, owners and riders must declare their horse for the Championships by submitting a Horse Declaration Form, available on the Forms Page.
- Find a Qualifying Show
- Performance Awards information is available at at this link.
- Not able to attend a T.I.P. Show? (HARDSHIP REQUESTS) - Hardship requests to qualify for Championships will be considered ONLY for Thoroughbreds that are being shown during the Championship year, but were not able to attend a show with T.I.P. Awards and did not participate in the Performance Awards. A Thoroughbred must attend a MINIMUM of two shows during the Championship year and must have been shown at the height or level being requested at one of those shows in order to be considered for a Hardship Request. To request qualification via a hardship request, you must submit a completed Hardship Declaration Form including (i) a statement explaining in less than 500 words why you are not able to access shows with T.I.P. awards and (ii) a brief show record covering the Championship year, including show name, date, division, height jumped and any other relevant information. You must submit the Hardship statement by July 15. You will be notified if your hardship qualification has been accepted by July 31. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. HARDSHIP REQUESTS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF THE HORSE HAS BEEN SHOWN DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR.
Cross-Entering - Each horse may only be entered in one (1) Championship Division at the September Show and one (1) Championship Division at the October Show. Cross entering at each individual show is not permitted for T.I.P. Championships. Horses may be declared for more than one division, but can only enter one division at each Championship show. Management reserves the right to limit, combine, split or cancel divisions.
Jump Height - For jumping divisions the horse may be entered at or above the lowest height jumped during the Championship year.
Dressage Level - For Dressage, each horse may entered at or above the lowest level competed during the Championship year.
Horse Show Information - See the Forms Page for more information. A preliminary prize list will be available in March. Entries will open in June for the September Show and August for the October show. Pre-Entry is required.
Show management reserves the right to combine, split, cancel or move classes and divisions as entries warrant, which could mean divisions may change days on which they run. Classes may not be run in the order listed in the class lists. It is the responsibility of the rider to inform the show secretary of any time conflicts as soon as possible after receiving the schedule. Management reserves the right to change officials, limit entries, combine or cancel classes, modify the schedule (including rings and days on which classes run), and modify or cancel awards and/or make whatever changes are required by circumstances to the competition specifications listed in the prize list or rules. Show Management reserves the right to cancel classes insufficiently filled and to refuse or require withdrawal of an entry for cause deemed sufficient by Show Management. Changes will be posted on the Facebook event page, sent via email to the address listed on show entry form and posted in the horse show offices.
We need VOLUNTEERS! - click here to download the form!
Program Advertisements - Purchase an advertisement to be included in the commemorative program. Show your appreciation, wish your friend good luck, celebrate your success this year, or advertise your product to Thoroughbred enthusiasts! Deadline for inclusion is July 15. For more information, please see the T.I.P. Program Ad Order Form. Additional sponsorship opportunities and vendor space also available - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find a qualifying Show?
- How do I qualify?
- Participate at a qualifying show and submit a Horse Declaration Form. Riders who do not have access to shows with T.I.P. Awards can fill out the Hardship Declaration Form and submit a hardship statement explaining in less than 500 words why they are not able to access shows with T.I.P. awards to qualify for the Championships. HARDSHIP REQUESTS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF THE HORSE HAS BEEN SHOWN DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR.
- A Thoroughbred must attend a MINIMUM of two shows during the Championship year and must have been shown at the height or level being requested at one of those shows in order to be considered for a Hardship Request.
- What are the deadlines?
- Horse Declaration Forms must be postmarked by August 1.
- Hardship declaration Forms must be postmarked by July 15.
- September Show - entries must be received by August 1.
- October Show - entries must be received by September 15