In 2017, The Jockey Club announced the creation of the first all Thoroughbred Championship Horse Show. The Jockey Club T.I.P. Championship will offer 12 championship divisions for Hunters, Jumpers and English Pleasure. For information on the Championship Divisions, please see Division Descriptions. Each of the divisions at the Championships will offer at least $1,000 in prize money. The T.I.P. Championships will take place during the New Vocations Charity Thoroughbred Show in the Rolex Arena at the Kentucky Horse Park. All rules of the New Vocations Charity Thoroughbred Show will apply.
2018 Show Information
New Vocations Charity Thorougbred Show - September 7 - 8, 2018
Championships - September 9, 2018
Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, KY
Qualifying & Declaring for the Championships:
To qualify for the Championships, a T.I.P. eligible Thoroughbred must participate in a show offering T.I.P. high point awards, classes or divisions in the applicable discipline beginning August 1 of the prior year through July 31 of the Championship Year or participate in the T.I.P. Performance Awards in the applicable discipline. Horses can be shown in any hunter, jumper or English pleasure classes or divisions at the show offering T.I.P. awards. Horses shown at a horse trial or combined test may also qualify for the Championships through their show jumping phase.
After qualifying, owners and riders must declare their horse for the Championships by submitting a Horse Declaration Form, available at qualifying shows or on the Forms Page. Riders who do not have access to shows with T.I.P. Awards and did not participate in the Performance Awards may submit a hardship request with their Horse Declaration Form to be eligible for the Championships. Each horse may only be entered in one (1) Championship Division at or above the lowest height jumped during the Championship year. Cross entering is not permitted. Horses may be declared for more than one division but can only enter one division at the Championships. Management reserves the right to limit, combine, split or cancel divisions.
Sponsorship & Vendor Information - Join the Thoroughbred Movement! Support Thoroughbreds in their second careers through sponsorship of the Thoroughbred Incentive Program Championships and programs. Multiple levels of sponsorship available. For more information, please see the T.I.P. Sponsorship Package. Vendor space also available - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Horse Show Information - Ready to enter the T.I.P. Championships? All entries are through the New Vocations Charity Thoroughbred Show - see the Forms Page for more information. Your entry MUST BE POSTMARKED BY AUGUST 15. Please Note: Divisions with 3 or fewer horses may be combined.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ribbons generously sponsored by:
- How do I find a qualifying Show?
- How do I qualify?
- Participate at a qualifying show and submit a Horse Declaration Form. Riders who do not have access to shows with T.I.P. Awards can fill out the Horse Declaration Form and submit a hardship statement explaining in less than 500 words why they are not able to access shows with T.I.P. awards to qualify for the Championships.
- How do I enter?
- How do I get stalls and more information about the show itself?
- What are the deadlines?
- Horse Declaration Forms must be postmarked by August 15.
- Hardship declaration Forms must be postmarked by July 31.
- Entries must be made and stalls must be reserved by August 15 (postmark).
- Why aren't championships being offered in Eventing, Dressage or other disciplines?
- The first T.I.P. Championships are being offered in limited disciplines but may be expanded in the future to include dressage and western disciplines. T.I.P. offers championship awards for eventing at the United States Eventing Association's American Eventing Championships and for dressage at GAIG/USDF Regional Championships (where available).