- Horse shows interested in applying for T.I.P. awards or classes to be held at their horse show should apply at www.tjctip.com. Horse shows are encouraged to apply for a series of shows with ribbons offered at the shows and a year end show or award offering prize money. To do so, place the series name as the "Show Name" and in Special Requests, note the number of horse shows that would require ribbons and the type of year end award preferred. T.I.P. will follow up with exact dates for the other horse shows via email.
- Horse shows awarded T.I.P. classes or awards will be provided with the ribbons and prizes for the approved classes prior to the scheduled horse show date. Horse shows should provide The Jockey Club with a copy of their prize list in advance of the show to be linked on the TJC T.I.P. website. High Point Awards should be calculated based on the host organization's competition scoring. In the case of a tie for a high point award, the tie will be broken by
- Greatest number of blue ribbons, then
- Greatest number of competitors in applicable classes.
- Horse shows must enforce The Jockey Club's standards for T.I.P. eligibility. Riders and Owners must apply for a T.I.P. Number (under the "T.I.P Number" tab or by filling out a T.I.P. Number request form). On the entry form and/or at registration, horse shows should collect the following information from T.I.P. participants to be provided to The Jockey Club upon conclusion of the horse show:
- Horse's registered name, show name, rider name and T.I.P. Number (shows can look up T.I.P. numbers under the "Information for Horse Shows" tab); or
- A completed T.I.P. Number request form, which should be returned to The Jockey Club.
- Horse shows shall recognize The Jockey Club for its sponsorship by placing the TJC T.I.P. logo on the show bill and prize list, by maintaining the name of the T.I.P. awards and classes as listed on the T.I.P. Awards and Classes Description, and by announcing The Jockey Club as class sponsor at the time of the class or award at the horse show. If applicable, please list the T.I.P. awards on omnibuses or other informational listings.
- Upon completion of the horse show, the horse show shall report the winners to The Jockey Club. An online reporting system will be available soon at www.tjctip.com. For a hard copy form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Horse shows should return unused ribbons, awards and prize money to The Jockey Club.:
After all results have been returned to The Jockey Club and horse eligibility confirmed, The Jockey Club will issue a check to the horse show for all prize money earned. Upon payment of prize money to the horse show organization, the horse show shall remit the same (in full) to the winning rider(s). In order to be eligible for any applicable purses, a Hunter or Jumper T.I.P. division or classic must have a minimum of three entries.
- Horse shows should immediately notify The Jockey Club if the show is cancelled or rescheduled and must return all ribbons and awards to The Jockey Club in the event of cancellation.